wallstreet patina

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

A tale of confusion at the doctor's office

So yesterday I went to the doctor and everything went ok.  According to their official scale, I have lost 42 pounds since surgery, 74 since the start of all this.  I learned the average for weight loss is 2-5 pounds a week. 

So after meeting with Dr. Primomo's nurse, after all the times I've seen her, she has only been in a good mood and very friendly once.  She's not outright mean, but she's just really negative.  Things like, 'this letter from your other doctor wont work.  We need a full psychiatric workup.'  Then that same day my Doctor approves it...  Then when she was getting all my info and she kind of freaked when I said I didn't eat 4 meals a day...  I've gotten to where I just don't listen to her.  I nod my head, answer her questions, and smile.  I digress........

Dr. Primomo finally comes in and he was correct in the beginning with my weights and talking about them and such.  Now, I just love Dr. Primomo. He is very kind and down to earth.  (Side note:  He said to throw away my scale, just eat a clean diet with veggies and fish, and quit comparing myself to others.)  He said I was doing very well.  Then he kind of switched and I'm not sure if he just said the wrong number or what but he said he knew I had been living by the scale for most of my life and that hadn't worked for me.  that a loss of 74 pounds in 2 and a half months was amazing...  I looked at him a moment and thought, 'I haven't lost 74 lbs in 2 months...' but he was just a smilin' so I went with it.  I didn't want to correct him.  What harm would it do?  I was a bit confused and did my nod and smile.  He asked if I had more questions and I just wanted to book it out of there.  I know I'm in now way one of his problem cases, but gosh...  Did he have so much on his mind that in the middle of the convo completely forgot my numbers?  ..Or was it the conversation with Emma about Frozen that made him forget?

Next time Derek will come with me to keep this stuff on track  ;)

We went to Cracker Barrel after the appointment. I had a salad and veggie soup.  Cracker Barrel has really gone down the toilet.  The croutons and grilled chicken were horrid, the service was horrid, and the silverware was dirty!

No comments:

Post a Comment