wallstreet patina

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

What's better, having high expectations or having low expectations?

I have always been a firm believer in the sayings, 'Hope for the best but prepare for the worst' and 'Don't expect anything and you don't get disappointed.'  However, going through this weight loss journey (and I hate when people call it a journey, but I'm at a loss for words), my stance has changed.  If my expectations are low, how can I push myself when I hit slumps?  I'm still in the honeymoon stage of all this and things are coming easily, but I DO expect to push myself when I hit a plateau and I will strive for my goal!  :)  For the first time since I was 4, I WILL be in the 'normal' weight category of those silly BMI charts.  Not the overweight ones.

Speaking of plateau, I hope I don't hit one next week.  I weigh myself every Sunday morning.  That is the 'official' weigh in for each week.  Last week I lost 6 pounds!  While that's exciting, that's also double of what I have been losing.  So Sunday, I hope to see a loss of at least a pound!  *crosses fingers* 

Going to take Emma to the park in a bit.  I'm going to get my walk for the day in there.  I hope the trails aren't muddy! uggg

No comments:

Post a Comment