wallstreet patina

Monday, March 30, 2015

Disney on Ice and a dose of self esteem

Well, today I did something I would NEVER have done 3 months ago.  I bought tickets to see Disney on Ice with Emma at the Reliant Stadium.  I didn't like to go out of the house, much less go there.  All the people cramped up in those seats, getting in your personal space. The seats, made for much smaller people.  Ouch on your tush!!  I just couldn't take it before all this.  I did buy seats on the outside, in hopes that no one will take the seats by us and we don't have to be all crammy. Big seat, little seat, I need my personal space!!



I know I still have a ways to go, but my self esteem is much better now.  Not 100% by any means, but I don't hide so much in shame.  I still don't enjoy putting on my fake smile and nodding with all the PTA/Dance moms, but its a start.  Gosh, I don't ever think I'll ever like the PTA/Dance moms.  I'll continue to avoid them.  Yeah, I'm that random mommy over on the side either reading or talking on the phone.  Ha!  Served my time with those ladies and it's like high school all over.  Never again. 

I started the Denise Austin workout plan thing.  I have always loved her.  Walking around the block endless times is getting so boring and the treadmill makes me want to scream.  Even more boring. Even with TV.  Go figure.  Anyway, I have been longing to do some aerobics, but all the classes offered here in my City are the silly Zumba ones.  I have nothing against it, it just isn't what I want to do.  So, I did her little aerobic workout thing for today and it was great!  Emma even did it too.  She is so cute!  With all that and all the running around I did today, I got in almost 8k steps!  yayyyy!!!  Im not really supposed to do any strength stuff for a few more months, especially for abs, but I might try to work on my arms and legs toning.  Couldn't hurt.

We are off to the children's museum tomorrow.  I have a love/hate relationship with that place.  Emma loves it, but it is such organized chaos. Especially after 11 or so.  Again, the personal space issue. Kids everywhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment