wallstreet patina

Monday, August 24, 2015

Nutella Brownies-Is it really good?

I have been seeing this little movie/picture from various sources giving the recipe for Nutella Brownies, mostly on my feed on Facebook and on Pinterest.  Intriguing and sounds yummy.  Do they really turn out like they show in the pictures and more importantly, do they taste good?

First and foremost--- These brownies are a treat and Nutella is not healthy.  Don't eat the whole batch in one sitting like my husband did.  Well, okay, three quarters of the batch.  I don't have the calorie count for these.  Just say 'A LOT' or run it through a recipe calculator. 

Recipe:

1 and 1/4 cups of Nutella
1/2 Cup of flour
2 eggs

That's it!  Everyone has these things in their kitchens.  Brownies here we come!

Now, the pictures of the finished brownies showed this wonderful plate of thick brownies.  Given that I'm trying to lose weight, I didn't want a bunch of brownies tempting me, but I wanted to try this.  So I halved the recipe.



 
Mixed it up.....
 
 
 
Here's where it gets a little iffy...
In the movie they show them putting the batter into a cake pan.  So logically I thought that either a square pan or a teeny one and a half quart pan would be fine.  I had trouble getting the batter to cover the little one and a half qt pan, but I went with it.  'These are gonna be some really thin brownies,' I thought.  The ones on the video were so thick though!  Still went with it.
 
I baked it for 15 minutes at 350 degrees in my pan sprayed with Pam, and it came out yummy looking, although they did look thin.
 
 
 
 
Final Verdict:
 
These brownies are delish!  On the original example movie, to have them turn out so thick, they HAD to have doubled the batch or used a smaller cake pan, which it didn't look like it to me.  So either use the recipe above with the smaller pan, or double it with a bigger.  That's my only gripe.  Otherwise, the taste and method is on point.  Much better than boxed brownies. Much easier than making traditional from scratch.



 
Thumbs up!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment