wallstreet patina

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Oreo Balls

Everyone really likes these, especially my son.  He wanted them in lieu of a cake for his birthday!  I got the recipe from my mother-in-law.  The original recipe calls to dip the balls in white chocolate.  When I made these the first time, the store was out of white chocolate so I improvised with Vanilla Candy coating.  They turned out great!

Oreo Balls
  • Package of Oreos (store brand is fine)
  • 8 oz package of cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1 pound of vanilla candy coating
Pulverize all those cookies.  Turn them to cookie dust in the food processor.


Mix them up with the cream cheese.





Make them into little walnut sized balls and put them on a piece of wax paper on a cookie sheet.  Put them in the refrigerator for an hour. (this makes them easier to work with)
After an hour, melt your candy coating in a double boiler or the microwave and start dipping!  I find it helpful to use a small spoon and toothpick to dip these babies.

 
 Put them back on the waxed paper and stick them in the refrigerator again until they are set.  You could sprinkle things on them like nuts, coconut, or chocolate chips.  Or, get artsy with them and drizzle some dark chocolate over them to make them stripey.  My son likes them plain, so that's how I make them.




No comments:

Post a Comment