wallstreet patina

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Marvelous Meatloaf

Meatloaf.  I haven't ever met a child that likes it, yet most adults think of it as comfort food.  I was always on the fence about it.  The most off putting thing to me, and also Hubby as I found out, was the ketchup people always seem to slather on the top.  Ick.

This is my recipe that I have worked on and you can leave that bottle of Heinz in the fridge.

Marvelous Meatloaf
  • 2 pounds hamburger meat
  • 1 pouch of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
  • 1 14 ounce can diced Italian seasoned tomatoes, drained
  • 3 slices of bread (chopped)
  • 1 egg
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Combine all the above ingredients, then put in a loaf pan. 


Bake for one hour.  Pull it out and drain the fat.  If the loaf looks 'juicy', bake for another 10 minutes.  If it looks firm, pull it out and serve.  Unless you like 'juicy' meatloaf, then have at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment