wallstreet patina

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sweet Strawberry Sauce for Shortcake

We went and picked a bunch of Strawberries and that made me want a Strawberry Shortcake.  I realized that I had never used fresh strawberries-I always used the frozen kind bought at the store and that is expensive.  So making my own sauce is tastier and cheaper!

Strawberry Sauce
  • 2 Quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
  • 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
Hull and slice the strawberries and then mix them with the sugar in a bowl.  Let it stand for 10 minutes, then stick in the refrigerator until ready.  The sugar mixes with the strawberry juice and it just gets yummier and yummier the more you let it sit.





I used angel food cake and cool whip to make my shortcakes...


You probably want to use this within 3 days.  I made a bunch up and put it in the freezer for later too.

No comments:

Post a Comment