wallstreet patina

Monday, February 13, 2012

Homemade Gourmet - Simply Simmer Cacciatore

I am still trying to use all this Homemade Gourmet stuff I have in the pantry.  This mix came with a steamer bag, but I didn't use it.  I threw everything into the crock pot.



Ingredients:
  • 1 Homemade Gourmet® Simply Simmer Cacciatore Mix
  • 1 15-ounce can stewed tomatoes
  • 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins or chicken breasts cut into strips (fresh or frozen)
  • Pasta of choice, prepared according to package instructions
  • Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
  • I add in an onion and a bell pepper


    1. Place mix and tomatoes into crock pot; stir to combine.
    2. Add chicken and stir until all pieces are coated.
    3. Cook on high 4 hours or low 6 hours.
    4. Pour chicken over pasta and serve warm. Garnish with shredded Parmesan as desired.


    I also added about 2 cups of leftover cooked broccoli and carrots right before serving.

    This is my favorite Homemade Gourmet dinner.  I am often put off by the saltiness of these mixes, but this one is just right. 


    Em loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment