wallstreet patina

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Let's Make Some Monkey Bread

I was flipping through the recent People Magazine and see what looks to be a yummy cake pictured.  This of course piqued my interest.  It is called Monkey Bread.  I have heard of monkey bread, but I don't think I have had it before and I wasn't sure what it was.  Apparently, a celebrity named Hillary Scott makes it.  I have no idea who she is (upon further reading I see she is the singer for Lady Antebellum), but she makes a delicious cake!

Monkey Bread

Ingredients:

  • 4 (7.5 oz) cans refrigerated biscuits
  • 2 cups sugar, divided
  • 3 tbsp cinnamon, divided
  • 1 1/2 sticks butter

Preheat oven to 350.

Combine 1 cup sugar and 2 tbsp cinnamon in a Ziploc bag. Then cut the biscuits into quarters, put them in the bag and shake until all they are all coated.  (I threw in 4 mini boxes of raisins.  Walnuts or pecans would probably be good too, but Hubby doesn't care for them.)


 Transfer biscuits to greased 12 inch bundt pan.



 Melt the butter and one cup sugar and one tbsp cinnamon.


Bring it to boiling then pour it over the biscuits.  Bake until the biscuits are puffed and the liquid is caramelized, 35-40 minutes.

Cool it completely then invert onto a plate, allowing people to pull apart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment