wallstreet patina

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Homemade Gourmet - Mini Pecan Pie Muffins

I am cleaning out my pantry and I find a package of Homemade Gourmet Min Pecan Pie Muffins.


I had had these at a Homemade Gourmet party and was not too enthused with them.  They came in a pack sampler I bought and have just hung around the pantry for some time. 

You need this:

  • 1 Homemade Gourmet® Mini Pecan Pie Muffin Mix
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 stick butter, melted

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir all ingredients together in mixing bowl until blended.

2. Spray mini-muffin tins with flour-based cooking spray. Fill tins half full and bake for 12 minutes.

3. Remove muffins from oven and immediately remove from pan onto a cooling rack or counter top.


I thought, 'I have that stuff!  Let's do this!'  I mixed it all together and put it in the pan...  There were some large whole pieces of pecan in there and I was not sure how that would pan out (ha!) with the mini muffin pan and all, but I went for it. 


Then baked them and viola! teeny mini muffins!


Taste test:  These muffins were dainty cakes of pecan bliss.  I probably shouldn't admit this, but they didn't make it long enough to see the next batch come out from the oven.  Hubby, me, and the 2 year old LOVED them!
Tip:  If margarine is used, then the muffins are more cake like.  I used butter and they were caramelized and denser than when I had had them before.  That person obviously used margarine instead of butter and they were not as good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment