wallstreet patina

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Homemade Gourmet Yo! It's Queso Dip

So I had some Homemade Gourmet - Yo! It's Queso Dip sitting in my pantry and I decided to make something out of it.  It had been sitting in there for some time.  The first time I made this dip, I had put a roll of breakfast sausage in it and had these terribly salty tortilla chips.  It was GROSS!  I decided to not blame that dinner fiasco on the dip mix, and held on to it. 

Tonight I wanted something different so I mixed the dip as per the instructions:


Yo! It's Queso Dip

Ingredients
1 Homemade Gourmet® Yo! It's Queso Dip Mix
1 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel Tomatoes)
1/4 cup milk
2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened


Directions
1. Place mix in a microwavable bowl with canned tomatoes and milk.

2. Stir to blend.

3. Add cream cheese, cover and place in microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes.

4. Break up cream cheese and stir. Return to microwave on high for another 1 1/2 minutes.

5. Stir, and continue to cook on high until cream cheese is smooth. 

While I had this going on I had a 12 oz bag of elbow noodles boiling and about a pound of hamburger meat cooking up with an onion.  After those were cooked, I drained them.  I also peeled and shredded 3 large carrots and steamed them in a covered bowl in the microwave with a little bit of water for 3 minutes.

I put the dip, noodles, meat, a can of corn, carrots and about 1/2 cup of salsa in a big old bowl and mixed it up.  You can stick it in the oven at 350 for a bit, but we were hungry so I decided to just serve it with a little bit of cheddar cheese on top.  You know what?  It was YUMMMY! Even the 2 year old ate it up.  It might not be the lowest calorie food ever, but you dont eat it every day.  I have renewed faith in Homemade Gourmet - Yo! It's Queso Dip. 


No comments:

Post a Comment